OPERAS looking for research assistance on OA Diamond study
OPERAS AISBL is the European Research Infrastructure is the European infrastructure for open scholarly communication in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
OPERAS is currently leading a consortium of ten organizations to perform a European study on Open Access journals and platforms. For further details, see the announcement here.
After having collected data during the first months of the study, the consortium enters into an analysis phase, which requires the support of a research assistant.
Description of the work:
OPERAS AISBL is looking for assistance on performing data analysis, completing them with qualitative interviews and preparing the reports on the study. The research assistant will have to:
- Assist the Project Coordinator on consortium management tasks, including:
- Prepare and conduct online interviews and focus groups with a variety of stakeholders worldwide to collect qualitative data
- Assist partners on data analysis and
- writing the report
Profile of the applicant/required competences:
- Excellent knowledge of the academic publishing sector.
- Knowledge of the non-profit academic publishing sector across the globe.
- Experience in conducting research based on a mix of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Language skills : English B2 written and spoken. Spanish would be an advantage.
Duration of the contract:
- 3 months, from October 2020 to January 2021
- Remote working
- 10 000 euros subcontracting (including taxes and VAT)
Application process :
- A CV or presentation of the company and a cover letter must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 12th of October 2020.
Credit for the image: CC by-sa 2.0 Nathan Stephens